Happy Monday everyone!
It’s a good day to be alive, uhn? Having people ask me about my writing made me realize just how much I have relegated it to the background. I tried to justify it by claiming busyness but the truth is, somewhere along the line, I lost faith in my writing. Watching others making big moves and all, I didn’t think I had it in me anymore. And in the usual Yemi fashion, I slowly withdrew myself from it.
I’ve decided to give us – writing and I – another chance at making this work and I’d be kicking it off with a 25-day blogging challenge. Which is why I’m starting with a get-to-know-me post.
Let’s get it!
1. What’s your favorite way to spend a day off?
Would most likely spend it in bed chatting, watching movies and funny videos on the internet.
2. When was the last time you cried?
À couple days ago. I was frustrated with pressure from work.
3. If money were no object what would you get for your next birthday?
A home gym set.
4. What’s your go-to guilty pleasure?
Garri with lots of Milk and lots of groundnut. 🤣🤣🤣
5. What’s one thing that can instantly make your day better?
I would really love to say food but it’s usually counter productive as I end up binging. However, I do have a few elect people who make me feel better when I talk to then.
6. Ideally, how would you spend your birthday?
English breakfast. Art gallery. Nature park. Cinema. Lunch. Paintball. Karaoke. Window shopping. Dinner. Jazz bar, beach where I’d talk into the night with the loml.
Lmao. So lofty. Knowing myself, I’d rather be indoors than be dragged on all these activities.
7. How do you take your coffee?
Straight up black. No sweetener, no milk.
8. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Lmao. Do you breathe in oxygen?
9. Would you bungee jump?
After fearfully obsessing over the possibility of ending up paralyzed or worse, dead, I would still go ahead to do it. What’s life if not living?
10. Do you think you are strong?
I used to think I was strong. Alas, I was just really good at suppressing things and moving on through life with a straight face, acting like I have it all together. Now I’ve learnt to lean on God for strength and He really makes my burden easier to bear.
11. What is your favourite ice cream?
Coffee ice cream. It’s not aggressively sweet on the taste buds plus I love the smell of coffee.
12. What’s one goal you would like to accomplish this year?
To become certified as a fitness trainer. But funds ó. 😂😂😂
13. What would be the first thing you’d do if you won the lottery?
Eat at an overpriced restaurant. I mean, why buy a bottle of zobo for N100 when I can get a glass of same for N3,000? Be gone, peasants.
14. Do you believe in having a “five-year plan”?
The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty.
It doesn’t necessarily have to be a 5 year plan though but have a plan still.
15. What is the least favourite thing about yourself?
I’m a perfectionist and this affects my productivity as I spend an unhealthy amount of time worrying about things not coming out right.
16. What are you listening to right now?
I’m tuned into NSPPD 7am morning prayers.
19. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings are too cheesy. Definitely scary movies especially those based off real life demonic possessions. I’m obsessed.
17. Favourite smells?
Blended tomatoes, coffee, that after rain smell after the ground as been dry for a while – I don’t know how to explain this one but I hope you get the point.
18. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My lawyer who doesn’t like to be named. giggles
20. Last movie you watched?
Zack Snyder’s Justice League. But technically I’m not done because who watches a 4-hr movie in one sitting. 😂😂😂
21. Strength training or cardio?
Strength training any time, any day buddy. Who cardio epp?
22. What book are you reading right now?
Single, dating, engaged, married – Navigating life and love in the modern age by Ben Stuart and Committed – a sceptic makes peace with marriage by Elizabeth Gilbert.
23. Any tattoos?
24. When’s your birthday?
25. What’s the first thing you do in the morning?
Say good morning to God and thank Him for a new day.
26. Would you rather have your dishes or clothes be magically clean?
Clothes. I HATE doing laundry.
27. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
Healing. I hurts me to see people sick and dying. Especially children. It’s one of the reasons I wanted to be a doctor.
28. Red or pink?
29. If you could change anything about yourself, would you? If so, what and why? I want smaller boobs because I’m tired of wearing bras. 😩😩😩
This was so much fun to do. And to make this even more fun, do pick one question randomly and answer in the comment session.
If you are new here, thank you for checking out my blog. Feel free to check out other blog posts. I write bad ass fiction stories too. *wink, wink*
If you be OG or are a returning reader, thank you for supporting this girl’s ministry. And don’t forget to subscribe so you can get email notifications with each new post. The subscribe box is just a little down further. *puppy face* Thank you!